Sunday, March 22, 2009

Buttercream Class

Recently I decided to take a two hour workshop of buttercream to practice my skills.
So one Wednesday night, off Renee and I went to Jennifer Anne's cakes in FTG.
To start with we were shown how to do a novelty teddy bear cake.
The face looks a bit freaky, but not too bad!

Then we did some cupcakes with a few different styles of decoration.


Just your typical star piped buttercream with a heart decoration and very cute heart shaped spirnkles!





My very first attepmt at a piped rose! Not too bad for a first effort I think!


Very cute sprinkles once again!




Just good old fashioned spreading of the buttercream with some piped leaves.



Last but not least some different styles of decorative piping, star, rope and I can't remember the blue one on the outside, snail trail ot something like that.

It was a good night, and the best part about it was I got to bring them all home and eat them! Yummy!

No comments: