Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The 2nd Birthday Cake

After our Playgroup Christmas party 2008 where they had a mobile animal farm which Darci loved. She spent the entire time in with the animals, I knew we had to have a farm animal themed party for her 2nd birthday.

After finding all these wonderful cakes on flickr I found one I loved!

Darci's 2nd Birthday cake inspired by this magnificent cake on Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliedesmeules/2770234576/

So work began to create this magnificent cake.

First I worked on the farm animals creating the ducks, pigs, cows and horses out of modelling paste. With work over a few days allowing the figurines to set hard, the birthday was approaching.

I made the top chocolate mud cake, iced it with buttercream, and added my figurines.

Then came the cupcakes, these cakes where white chocolate mud cakes and babycakes and chocolate mud cakes and babycakes. I just love the result and couldn't post enough photos, I was so proud of the result.






Here is the top cake before the animals landed!







The cupcakes all set up and ready to go!


Hand made horses (So Cute!)




















Cow, duck, butterflies, flowers and 2 plaques.









The finished product all put together. I could add more pics as I took heaps, had to make sure I captured the cake! Like I said I was very proud of my efforts!

Now awaiting the next project, my cousin's 40th cake and cupcakes! Can't wait to get started.

I will post a menu very soon.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Sam said...

i love this cake it is amazing well done